On 1 July 2014, Queensland Urban Utilities and Unity Water introduced new processes for installing water meters.
Both utilities now require owner consent for all water and meter applications.
In addition, the following procedures are now in place:
Queensland Urban Utilities
- When an application for a new house is received, an initial search must be undertaken for a fee of $50 (previously this was done free of charge over the phone).
- If there is no water meter, an application for Connection Assessment must be lodged for a fee of $149.
- A decision with a quote will be received within 10 working days.
- The quote will include an additional final connection fee of $55.
- As there is substantial paperwork and administration involved in making an application, our fee will rise from 1 August 2014.
In total, the additional cost of a water connection in the Queensland Urban Utilities area will increase by up to $300.
- When an application for a new house is received, an initial search must be undertaken to check if water is already connected.
- If there is no water meter, a Standard Connection Request application is required for a fee of $725.
- Additional to the application forms, a site plan is required with the preferred location of the water meter.