- Building Approval
- Inspections & Certificates
- Forms & Fact Sheets
- Contact Us
The Gold Coast has introduced new standards for vehicle crossovers. Non-compliance with these will trigger an application to Council.
The new standards require that driveways are to be located:
• 1.5 m clear from side boundaries
• 3 m clear from other vehicle crossings
• 1 m clear from public infrastructure
• 3 m from trees
• 12 m from an intersection of 2 streets
Click here to view the full list of requirements.
We cannot issue a building approval until the crossover permit is approved by Council. The application is likely to take 4 weeks and the Council fee is $401.