New South Wales Building Applications

Professional Certification Group are experts in assessing applications for Construction Certificates and Complying Development Certificates. We are also accredited to act as the Principal Certifying Authority and undertake Critical Stage Inspections to issue necessary certificates including Occupation Certificates.

Each of our Private Certifiers is an expert on State and Council laws which apply to building, including the Building Code of AustraliaState Environmental Planning Policies (SEPP), and Local Environmental Plans (LEP), ensuring you will get the best professional guidance you need to complete your building project with fewer issues.

Approvals Expertise

We manage all your approval paperwork electronically, using state of the art software.

To comply with the complex laws and regulations in New South Wales, we provide the following services:

  • Undertake thorough searches of your property;
  • Advising on whether development consent approval may be required under the Local Environment Plan (LEP);
  • Assessing your plans for compliance with:
    • Building Code of Australia (National Construction Code)
    • State Environmental Planning Policies including Exempt and Complying Development Codes
    • Development Consent (Notice of Determination) issued by Council
  • Issuing a Construction Certificate (CC) or Complying Development Certificate (CDC) so you can commence work
  • Acting as the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) to ensure:
    • All necessary approvals are in place
    • Conducting Critical State Inspections
    • Issuing an Occupation Certificate (OC), ensuring any preconditions of a Development Consent or Complying Development Certificate are met

Other Approvals

We can advise you on other approvals that you may need for your projects.

Prior to the issue of a Construction Certificate, you will need to provide a Development Consent (Notice of Determination) from the local Council.

If you need assistance preparing a Development Application or Development Approval (DA) for Council, please contact PPLAN who can prepare and manage your development application.

Prior to the issue of a Complying Development Certificate, you may need to provide the following approvals:

  • Water supply, sewerage and stormwater drainage (S 68 Local Government Act)
  • Sydney Water and Hunter Water
  • On-site effluent disposal
  • Driveway crossover (S 138 Roads Act)
  • Tree removal
  • Building over sewer
  • Water connections
  • Mine Subsidence Board

If you need assistance preparing these other applications, please contact PPLAN who can prepare and manage these applications for you.

Professional Certification Group for your building application

As one of the largest and most respected Private Certifiers in Australia, we’re committed to providing you the best approval and consultancy advice service for your building project.

Let us help you with your Building Application

Sydney | Greater Sydney | Northern Rivers Region of NSW | Greater New South Wales | Hunter Valley region | Newcastle | Wollongong