NSW Building Applications

Construction Certificate | Occupation Certificate
Complying Development Certificate

Private Certifier | NSW Building Applications

Professional Certification Group are experts in assessing applications for Construction Certificates and Complying Development Certificates in NSW.

We are also accredited to act as the Principal Certifier and undertake Critical Stage Inspections to issue necessary certificates including Occupation Certificates.

Each of our Private Certifiers is an expert on State and Council laws which apply to building, including the Building Code of Australia and State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPP)ensuring you will get the best professional guidance you need to complete your building project with fewer issues.

Principal Certifier

You must appoint a Principal Certifier before you commence any building work. The Principal Certifier will arrange for a Construction Certificate (CC) or Complying Development Certificate (CDC) to be issued for any work which you wish to carry out.

One of the main roles of the Principal Certifier is to ensure that all work you wish to carry out is progressing in accordance with the Building Code of Australia and conditions of the Development Consent issued by the local Council (if applicable), and that the structure has been built in accordance with the approved plans.

In addition to the approval, the Principal Certifier will also inspect the building work at various stages throughout the build. Professional Certification Group will visit the site during the course of construction and inspect the structure to ensure that compliance is being obtained.

Once the building work is completed the Principal Certifier will again visit the site and conduct a final inspection to determine if an Interim or Final Occupation Certificate (OC) can be issued.

Construction Certificate (CC)

A Construction Certificate is required to approve building work where a Development Consent is required from the local Council.

Professional Certification Group will check your application against the Development Consent as well as the Building Code of Australia and if compliant, issue you with a Construction Certificate as your approval to build the structure.

You will still need to appoint a Principal Certifier to have all Critical Stage Inspections carried out and at the end of construction; Professional Certification Group if acting as the Principal Certifier will inspect the building before issuing an Occupancy Certificate.

Development Consent

Unless the work is Exempt or Complying Development under the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008, you will require a Development Consent.

If you need assistance preparing an application for Development Consent, please contact your local Council or a consultant town planner.

Areas of Service NSW

The Professional Certification Group services most areas of NSW including:

Bayside | Blacktown | Burwood | Camden | Campbelltown | Canada Bay | Canterbury-Bankstown | Cumberland | Fairfield | Georges River | The Hills Shire | Hornsby Shire | Hunter’s Hill | Inner West | Ku-ring-gai | Lane Cove | Liverpool | Mosman | Northern Beaches | North Sydney | Parramatta | Penrith | Randwick | Ryde | Strathfield | Sutherland Shire | Sydney City | Waverley | Willoughby | Woollahra

Blue Mountains | Central Coast | Hawkesbury | Wollondilly Shire

Bellingen Shire | Clarence Valley | Coffs Harbour | Kempey Shire | Nambucca Shire | Port Macquarie-Hastings | Lord Howe Island

Cessnock | Dungog Shire | Lake Macquarie | Maitland | Mid-Coast | Muswellbrook Shire | Newcastle City | Port Stephens | Singleton | Upper Hunter Shire

Ballina Shire | Byron Shire | Kyogle | Lismore | Richmond Valley | Tweed Shire


Have a Building Application Question or just Want to talk to us?

Contact us.

We welcome your queries and we are ready to assist with your NSW Building Application.