Construction Certificate


Tweed Private Certifiers

Professional Certification Group provides expert building approval and critical stage inspection services for builders and owners throughout Tweed and Northern New South Wales.

Each of our Private Building Certifiers is an expert on State and Council laws which apply to building, including the Building Code of Australia and State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPP), ensuring you will get the best professional guidance you need to complete your building project with fewer issues.

Tweed, Northern NSW Building Certification Expertise

We manage all your approval paperwork electronically, using state of the art software.

To comply with the complex laws and regulations in New South Wales, we provide the following services:

  • Undertake thorough searches of your property;
  • Critical Stage Inspections
  • Advising on whether development consent approval may be required under the Local Environment Plan;
  • Assessing your building plans for compliance with:
    • Building Code of Australia
    • State Environmental Planning Policies including Exempt and Complying Development Codes
    • Development Consent (Notice of Determination) issued by Council
  • Issuing a Construction Certificate (CC) or Complying Development Certificate (CDC) so you can commence work
  • Act as the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) to ensure:
    • All necessary approvals are in place
    • Conducting Critical State Inspections and managing building inspections undertaken by other Certifying Authorities
    • Issue an Occupation Certificate (OC), ensuring any preconditions of a Development Consent or Complying Development Certificate are met

Other Approvals

We can advise you on other approvals that you may need for your projects.

Prior to the issue of a Construction Certificate (CC), you will need to provide Development Consent (Notice of Determination) from the local Council.

If you need assistance preparing a Development Application or Development Approval (DA) for Council, please contact a consultant town planner.

Prior to the issue of a Complying Development Certificate (CDC), you may need to provide the following approvals:

  • Water supply, sewerage and stormwater drainage (S 68 Local Government Act)
  • Sydney Water and Hunter Water
  • On-site effluent disposal
  • Driveway crossover (S 138 Roads Act)
  • Tree removal
  • Building over sewer
  • Water connections
  • Mine subsidence board

If you need assistance preparing these other applications, please contact a consultant town planner.

Professional Certification Group for your Northern NSW building application

As one of the largest and most respected Private Certifiers in Australia, we’re committed to providing you the best approval and consultancy advice service for your building project.

Let us help you with your NSW Building Application

Tweed | Lismore | Ballina | Northern NSW