- Building Approvals
- Combustible Cladding
- Inspections & Certificates
- Forms & Fact Sheets
- Contact Us
Changes to the Queensland Home Warranty Scheme commencing 28 October 2016.
The Home Warranty Scheme has been extended and will now cover these additional works where valued at more than $3300 and undertaken by a licenced contractor:
• Swimming pools
• All work within the building envelope (internal & external)
• Anything attached to a building that requires building or plumbing approval
• Structures attached to the external of a building (ie awnings and handrails)
• Building work for primary water supply (ie water tanks) and sewerage/drainage
• Stormwater drainage (ie downpipe/gutter repair)
The scheme provides cover for loss where the building contractor fails to complete work or performs defective work and fails to rectify it.
Premiums are payable to the QBCC within 10 days of entering into a contract. Premium prices will also change on 28 October 2016.
For more information, please refer to the QBCC website at www.qbcc.qld.gov.au